Monday 1 August 2016

Trooper gets Grounded

I wasn't sure what to do with Trooper when I found he was a stowaway on our trip. I can't believe he stayed hidden for so long. He Gir into the truck by secretly getting into my carry bag that has my sleeping bag in it. Then he climbed into the back seat of the truck during the drive from Vernon and hid high up behind the seat. That's dangerous!  He didn't even have a seat belt on!   He said he was very thankful that we stopped to smell the flowers on the Coquihalla because he really had to go to the bathroom badly. Afterwards, he had to sneak back into the truck without me noticing. He was afraid that we might leave him behind. 

Trooper said he even came into Smitty's restaurant with us and saw the fish in the aquarium. He was really hungry but couldn't tell me because I would find out he came along. When the people on the other side of the aquarium left, he quickly gobbled up their leftovers before the waitress cleaned up the table. I remember hearing someone burping loudly on the other side of that aquarium but when I looked over I noticed the people were gone. It was Trooper, naughty and impolite!
He even sneaked into Uncle Adam's new BMW for a ride in the back seat. He thinks Uncle Adam is a good driver and he wants to go for a ride with him again. 

Actually, I was kind of glad to see Trooper because I missed him and didn't get a chance to say goodbye to him when we left. Brisky also missed him a lot because they're best friends. Still, I have to let him know that it's not okay to do something like this without permission. I can't send him back home now and to tell the truth, I don't really want to because he's so much fun, even if he is naughty sometimes.  I had a long "talk" with him, more of a lecture than anything else. Uncle Adam explained how dangerous it is travelling in a car without a seatbelt and Uncle Andy explained how easily he could have fallen overboard on the boat, even if he is a really good dog paddler!

I decided the best thing to do was to ground him, but that's pretty hard to do on a boat. However, I made him stay inside the boat cabin for 20 minutes as a form of "discipline". The poor thing!  He has such sad "puppy eyes" add just stared out the window at us. He was very glad to get out and join us at the back of the boat after 20 minutes. 




 

2 comments: